Post Food in Battle Creek is seeking a Vice President of Quality. This is a full-time executive position in quality assurance in food production.
The Vice President of Quality reports to the COO and is responsible for leading and developing strategies that continuously improve our quality processes.
This position supports development as a liaison with R&D, Operations, Sales and trade customers, while remaining focused on food safety and food quality issues.
• Establishes and maintains the Food Safety and programs throughout the distribution of products and at all internal and third party distribution locations.
• Develops professional relationships with plant leadership teams, quality leaders, R&D suppliers, regulators and auditors to ensure division product safety strategies are implemented.
• Establishes clear goals/objectives to enhance food safety and consumer satisfaction.
• Develops, monitors and reports monthly quality data to the Post Leadership team by both trends and analysis of key data through the quality departments at each location.
• Analyzes food safety and food quality data including consumer complaints, customer feedback, finished product results, ingredient issues, and product and processing specifications while developing corrective actions that enhance our processes.
• Coordinates with the Supplier's Quality Management department to ensure supplier base is operating in support of food safety and consumer complaint reduction strategies.
• Provides technical support for quality training in manufacturing facilities as well as the development of technical training in the area of HACCP, Microbiological, Allergen Control, Sanitation, Pest Control, etc. as required.
• Corresponds with plant personnel to investigate customer and consumer issues including root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
• Provides professionally acceptable written resolution to satisfy customer expectations regarding customer and consumer concerns.
• Develops a professional relationship with the Quality & Food Safety representatives of key customer accounts and supports visits as requested by Sales.
• Supports manufacturing facilities during Regulatory, Customer and third Party audits and assist in corrective actions as necessary. Insures non-compliance elements are addressed in the annual capital plans.
Other duties/assignments as requested by the Senior Leadership team.
• Vice President level position supporting 3 U.S. and 1 Canadian manufacturing site.
Internal - Plant Management, R&D, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing and IT.
External - Trade customers, government regulators, suppliers, trade groups, and certification and auditing firms.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, along with supporting verbal and written communication skills.
• 20 - 40 percent Travel Required
• Master of Science or equivalent education and experience required; Food Science, Microbiology or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in Food Manufacturing, Food Safety, Quality, Operations or R&D.
• Must have a minimum of seven years experience in the area of Food Safety or Quality Assurance.
• Previous experience in oversight of Food Safety programs in multiple locations is strongly desired.
• Direct experience with GFSI certification schemes (SQF, BRC, etc.) is preferred.
• Efficient computer skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint preferred.
The Post Cereal tradition dates back to 1895 when C. W. Post made his first batch of Postum in a little white barn in Battle Creek, Michigan. Since then, Post has grown into a brand leader nourishing people’s lives with delicious varieties of cereal. We continue to grow with national favorites like Honey Bunches of Oats, Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles and Grape Nuts and are always looking for new products, employees, and innovations to keep our business thriving.
Additional Job Sources