Zoetis is seeking a Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner for its Kalamazoo operation.
As a member of the Zoetis HR team, provide HR consultancy and coaching to leaders, managers and colleagues within assigned client group, which includes Zoetis' Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) organization, Kalamazoo Manufacturing Operations as well as other manufacturing groups across multiple sites. Partner with the business in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, colleague engagement, talent management, leadership development, change management, diversity, performance management, workforce planning and compensation planning/implementation. Partner with the Zoetis HR team to ensure successful delivery of HR programs and initiatives across the organization.
Requires a proven track record as a successful business partner and influencer to managers and leaders. Experience should demonstrate success in support of large organizations, preferably in an R&D and/or Manufacturing environment, with a track record of delivering operational effectiveness, implementing change activities, aligning HR goals with business imperatives, building relationships, coaching clients and colleagues.
• Provide proactive counsel, communications, and HR generalist support to client group leaders and managers to drive the achievement of business goals.
• Responsible for partnering with managers in the administration of compensation and performance management programs, data quality, succession planning, recruitment, employment, employee development, colleague engagement and employee relations.
• Ensure consistent application of HR policies and state and federal laws and practices. Support EEO initiatives at site(s).
• Within the HR department, make recommendations to improve work processes and help promote an atmosphere of continuous learning.
• Drive successful execution of HR Programs and processes, managing multiple priorities concurrently through strong project management, systems knowledge, and effective communications.
• Create a strong network of HR partners across HR organization, and other divisions as appropriate to collaboratively drive and implement HR strategies in support of the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, Human Relations, or related discipline.
• Masters Degree in related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible Human Resources generalist experience.
• Previous experience in an R&D and/or manafucturing environment preferred.
• Experience with Performance Management, Talent Management approaches and systems, Employee Relations, Compensation programs and Human Resources laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, integration, facilitation, complex problem solving, and conflict resolution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide consultative support to management on critical organization issues.
• Ability to work effectively in an environment of change and manage multiple priorities concurrently through strong project management, systems knowledge, and effective communication.
• Self starter with demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and interact and build relationships across the organization.
• Proficient with Microsoft applications.
• Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Workday a plus.
• Drive between Kalamazoo sites (Kalamazoo-Downtown, Richland and Portage) as needed.
• Some travel within the U.S. may be required.
Zoetis, formerly a business unit of Pfizer, is a leading global animal health company dedicated to discovering, developing, manufacturing and commercializing a diverse portfolio of animal health medicines and vaccines to meet the needs of veterinarians and the livestock farmers and companion animal owners. Its vision is for our products, services and people will be the most valued by animal health customers around the world. Its mission is built on a six-decade history and singular focus on animal health to bring customers quality products, services and a commitment to their businesses.
Zoetis is a $4.2B Animal Health business, with products are sold in 120 countries globally. It has approximately 9,500 colleagues globally across diverse skills, capabilities functions, including, field force, research and development, manufacturing, and various global functions supporting our businesses globally.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender.