Whirlpool Corporation is seeking a director of Global Mobility for its Benton Harbor operation.
Whirlpool is seeking qualified candidates for a Director, Global Mobility opening to join the company's Human Resources organization.
The Global Mobility Group enables employee mobility in support of Whirlpool's growing global business. With an expanding global workforce, practical and cost effective mobility solutions form a key part of Whirlpool's management’s resourcing strategy.
The Director of Global Mobility will report to the Senior Director of Compensation and Global Mobility and will be responsible for establishing and executing a strategic, innovative and client focused global mobility program that will provide solution oriented, customer-focused mobility services to globally based employees as well as employees inbound in the U.S. and within the U.S. The person in this role, based in Benton Harbor, MI, is responsible for all aspects of the domestic and global mobility policy and program administration, including developing, communicating, implementing and maintaining all human resources aspects of domestic and international assignments.
The person in this role provides leadership and direction to professional level staff to manage the organization's policies and procedures associated with domestic and international assignments, and to provide human resource support for overseas assignments and expatriates.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
Responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
• Enhance the global operating model for the mobility team and other HR resources. Provide subject matter expertise on all global mobility matters with the ability to influence and advise key stakeholders.
• Establish functional and operational rigor for all mobility consulting and HR related services, and coordinate the data flow between the Company and third-party providers to ensure excellent service levels.
• Act as an advisor to Business Leaders, Finance, and HR on global mobility issues, policies and processes
• Understand and analyze operational metrics using appropriate tools, and highlight trends and areas of opportunity in order to turn data points into insights for the organization.
• Play a vital role in directing the design and development of new international assignment service delivery models
• Evaluate, critique and advise on global international assignment management and best practices in order to protect Whirlpool's global mobile workforce
• Provide leadership to assist international assignees through coordinating, developing, and/or managing some or all of the following: tax equalization, visa coordination, benefits coordination, and housing and compensation packages. May also coordinate with relocation firms, outside vendors, and government and international agencies.
• Work with vendors (compensation, relocation, tax, immigration) to organize and oversee provision of services
• Support new and existing technology platforms in the preparation of assignment packages and orientations for potential assignees
• Leverage existing knowledge across functions to provide seamless coordination of services for the assignee
• Liaison with other departments within the Company on overall coordination of the Global Mobility Program (Payroll, Tax, Accounts Payable, Travel, etc.)
• Support Global Mobility Compliance team by providing oversight on payroll, tax and reporting requirements for the region.
• Provide an understanding of global immigration issues including those between other foreign entities to non-US entities, and direct and report on those issues and work with third party vendors
• Oversee Domestic U.S. Mobility Services including service vendors and customer service projects and programs.
Desired skills and experience
What You Need To Succeed
• Fifteen years of international HR experience, at least 10 of which are in Global Mobility and 5 are at a management level
• College degree required, MBA preferred
• A strong foundation in a corporate HR environment driving Global Mobility policies, process, procedures and metrics to advise the HR and Leadership team on Whirlpool's Global Mobility Program.
• The ability to evaluate, critique and advise on global international assignment management and advise on best practices in order to protect Whirlpool's global mobile workforce.
• Ability to work with colleagues across cultures and regions and a robust customer service ethic
• Demonstrated success working both strategically and tactically in global mobility reporting in to the HR function
• Comfortable as the go-to-person for all Global Mobility issues and strategies at the strategic level and providing back-up support on case volume if necessary
• Ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language to employees from all over the world
• Experience in international global relocation at both the staff and strategic levels to include understanding of how to articulate policy and set boundaries for risk mitigation and cost control
• Strong preference for personal experience as opposed to solely relying on third party resources for advisement and on the ground support
• Excellent communication skills and negotiating skills for both internal and external risk strategies on policies and for evaluating Whirlpool's value proposition and how that may affect the overall employment brand globally
• Ability to remain cool when dealing with an increasingly complex, distributed and global workforce
• Ability to partner with a HR team that may have changing priorities
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Well-written presentation of technical and analytical work is key
• Ability to listen and speak at all levels, internally and externally
• Excellent organizational and planning skills essential
• Tax and Accounting experience a plus
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.